Thursday 10 August 2017

The beginning of the end...

It has come time to finally take the final step and take my Descent to the final level of awesome. Add paint!
But before I could start I needed to do two things...

The first thing was a plan. So I started with the base game set and decided complete one expansion at a time. The logic behind this is as follows: 1- in the app I can select the specific expansions that can be used to ensure that all the models used in the game will be painted. 2 - If I mess up I will only need to replace a specific amount of models from one purchase (yep going positive!). 3 - I don't want to get to the point you do with large armies for miniature games where there are so many things to paint that it puts you off. 4 - the models in the base game are most likely to appear most often.
Second was to prep the models by straightening, scrubbing drying, de-flashing and green stuffing them.
some of the gaps were big enough that it would be pointless to paint the model as you would just see the gaps and not the awesome paint job! Plus it was good to get back to some simple uses for the Green

I ran out of spray right as I finished the shadow dragons, so no heroes until I get out to the shops.

Most of the shadow dragons are finished, this painting stuff is so easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment