Tuesday 4 June 2019

Finishing Descent models

I realised I hadn't updated this in a long while and I had made loads of progress on my Descent models!
My first set of Heroes ready to kick minion backsides



Painted in 24 hours and really pleased with how it came out 

there is still some varnish drying (and PVA)

Bad old Bandits, look alrightwhen they are all together even though the scheme is so simple

These had very shallow details so quite a challenge to paint at times

Probably took an extra 3 hours over what I needed to experiment with  trying to buy;d up a bone shade under the ethereal green but you won't know unless you try

Yeah I know the fire is wrong, I still think it looks far more striking than the dirty black highlights

Ll I see are little Hellboys!

Once I finish the bases these guys looked pretty cool.

Definitely another case of benefiting from just following the art as a guide to avoid too much time experimenting or changing colour combos
My current models, the claws on these may be some of my best painting ever as they were basically flat and I loved doing the striations to give some texture to them

It only dawned on me later that the colours reminded me of the Harlequins home shirt sans the green, not much left to finish on these guys

No comments:

Post a Comment