Thursday 12 April 2018

Elementals my dear gamers!

I have managed to finish the Elementals and they have turned out a lot better than I thought they would when I last posted.
They pose quite the painting issue due to the need to have four colour schemes on one model



I researched quite a few other painter's attempts and realised, whilst inaccurate in a physical sense, the flames looked best when they were going from red shadow to yellow tips. I think this is because it matches the painting technique for all the other areas of the model (dark to light) 

Picking out some of the rocks in the flame also helped to break it up. I did attempt to put some flame colour in the cracks i the rocks but you have to look pretty close to see them. 
My only regret is not making the rocks black/darker as I had seen in some of the examples online after I had finished most of the model as this gave them a really magma like feel. Also next time I might use a light brown/beige shadow for the dust but some of the ones on the net looked too much like dig turds so went with the blue to be safe. My favourite part is the water as it links to the colours scheme for the Merriods. On to the Eating next which have a very limited could palette (yay!) but are really smooth being mostly skin (boo!).
Whilst I still have over a hundred more models to paint (possible over two hundred!!) I am thoroughly loving this project and can recommend it to anyone that loves painting but has grown weary of large army projects.
May the dice be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment