Saturday 21 March 2020

Finishing up Lieutenants

Finished two more lieutenants for Descent and realised I am up to 10! One left to get the whole collection for the expansions I have already painted the minions for. Haven't really scratched the surface of the Hero and Monster packs yet though.

The sculpt on this one was really good and it felt a lot more like painting a GW model for most parts.


Tried to give a tired/haunted blue, purple tone under the eyes, not sure it worked too well.

The cloak was actually greys with loads of washes and a few high lights looks a lot better in person, learnt lots about panelling the colours rather than base coat and layer.

This one took me longer than I had expected as I started painting it before the one above but lost confidence in my ability to blend the teal and reds.

It was a good decision to pause as I took some time to think through the techniques I had researched for washes and glazes.

The jewel on the back was a last minute choice but I really wanted something to break it up.

Hard to see but I added some light sourcing on the arm near the eyes, I have enjoyed playing around with these techniques.

This was the model with the worst level of damage from casting as the face was pretty much non existent , and I considered painting it as if it had a flat face mask.

Given I pretty much did it in a day I am happy with the contrast between the metals and cloth



Here are all the Lieutenants together. Really pleased with how well the basing and use of common colours pull most together whilst they all stand out with a unique character.



No comments:

Post a Comment