Sunday 17 May 2020

Expanding the party

I started painting up one of, what I thought was my last, Lieutenant models and lost enthusiasm as it is a big old dragon and I lost most of my painting time due to lock down. Undeterred, I switched to painting my hero versions of the ally/lieutenants I had just finished as they are small enough to be able to make progress in just 20-50 mins painting each session. Add into the melting pot that I have been watching some amazing video tutorials/listening to painting podcasts and I became inspired start experimenting with more textures and consistency in using glazes instead of washes. Results below:

I keep saying this but can't believe how well this came out give n how small this model is and how little detail I thought there was on the model when it was bare plastic. Painted the beard and rope a few times to get it right but really happy with how they brake up the model.

This model had some super small details and smooth surfaces and I was unconfident as to how it would turn out. It may not look like it but there were loads of different skin paints, glazes and super thin layers to try to create a warm skin. 

Tried to get some texture into the cloth to show some sort of weave as it felt strange just having pencil highlights. Hopefully it makes sense visually without it being explained. Also hard to see are the line gems that make up the belt.


And here are the six heroes that I have painted so far. Going to go back and work on Lord Hawthorn's army and add in some small scratches and dirt at some point in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment