Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Making a dice tray mk 2

Having had an opportunity to evaluate yesterdays design I have come up with this:
I hadn't anticipated the angled sides would be tricky but I had to clamp the work which may have made it a little uneven.
It fits 32 16mm dice which should be more than enough for any game.
I fixed the lip so that it hides the holes cut by the housing joint.
I managed to engrave a logo on the front before I realised that it would make planing off the edge  a bit more difficult.

It works a lot better with the lower front edge but yesterday Alan said he thought it might work better with a sliding lid that also covered the felt area so mk 3 has already been drawn out and I'll see how well it comes out after christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment